Every now and then the sand man plays a cruel trick with our hair. If you have little girls with long hair this is especially true!
Here are some chemical free tips for dealing with those tangles.
- 1/2 cup Lavender Mint, Lavender, or Copaiba Vanilla conditioner
- 2 cups distilled water
- 24-oz. spray bottle
Bring the distilled water to a simmer without boiling. Combine the warm water and conditioner in the bottle, shaking to combine. Add the recommended essential oils to the detangling base, shaking once again to distribute.
Apply the detangler to hair as needed, using the bottle’s spray attachment and focusing on the ends rather than the scalp, gently combing to dispense evenly throughout your hair. You can either rinse out the detangler or leave it in for extra conditioning. Style your hair as usual and enjoy the pleasant aroma of essential oils throughout the day!
Here are some recipes of essential oils that you can add to the detangling base to perfectly complement your hair type:
- 5 drops of Geranium essential oil
- 5 drops of Royal Sandalwood essential oil
- 5 drops of Tea Tree essential oil
- 5 drops of Clary sage essential oil
- 5 drops of Ylang ylang essential oil
- 5 drops of Myrrh essential oil
- 5 drops of Geneyus essential oil
These products are all from Young Living. Those are the oils we recommend. Contact us if you would like get your oils from us or be part of the Lavender & Armour team.